Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Tuesday August 5th

My Favorite Moment of the Day: We met Anna and her family today, which was very exciting. We had them over for dinner, and had a nice time talking about Luxembourg. It was nice to get to know them, and to talk to Anna.She seems like a very adventurous kid, a lot like Olivia. I think the two of them have a chance to get along very well.

Thing that Made me Laugh Today: When we were talking with Anna's mother and aunt, we asked them how best to pronounce Anna's name. We told them how it normally sounds in America, and the Aunt started saying it over and over, stressing the short A sound at the beginning of the name. It was funny because she sounded so harsh in a southern/country sort of way. Claire and I started laughing hilariously, and to make sure she didn't think I was laughing at her, I said it sounds much nicer the way you say it in Luxembourg.

Thing that Made me Think Today: We talked with Anna's mother and aunt for almost 5 hours, and I just couldn't get out of my head that she is letting her daughter, 14 years old, travel across the world and live with total strangers for 5 months. Obviously Anna is an independent kid, and she should be able to handle it, but I can't see myself not having Olivia in the house for 5 months right now. Does that mean Anna's mom is better adjusted to Anna growing up than I am? Is she more brave than me? It can't be that I care more about Olivia than she does Anna, so what is it? Maybe by the end of the 5 months I'll have it figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment