Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Monday, August 4th

My Favorite Moment of the Day: One of the things I've tried to develop in each of the kids is the habit of regular exercise. So when I was coming home from my run today, and I saw all three of them doing sprints at the end of the street, cheering and encouraging each other on, it made me smile.

Thing that Made me Laugh Today: Olivia and I were watching a show about home renovations, and the person on the show said they liked the "complimentary back splash". So we started making jokes about how the back splash would talk to you, and say nice things. Then later in the evening, Olivia mentioned something about a rude awakening, and I said there should be an alarm clock app that insults you as the alarm to wake you up. We both were laughing a lot about the different things we thought each would say, and it was fun laughing with her.

Thing that Made me Think Today: Our exchange student is arriving tomorrow, we are picking her up after volleyball tryouts. I thought about the courage it must take for a 14 year old, alone in a new country, to walk into a high school gym, for tryouts, where everyone knows each other but you, and try to perform to make a team. I thought how cool it is that she has that much self confidence, and what a great experience it will be for us to meet her and learn from her over these next 5 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment