Friday, August 8, 2014

Thursday August 7th

My Favorite Moment of the Day: Was the picture above. It was Olivia's last day of summer, so the girls and I went out to Captiva first thing in the morning. Luke wasn't with us as he was spending the night at Oma's house. It wasn't very crowded, the water was beautiful, and the three of us just kind of floated in the water and on the sand while talking. It was a great way to spend the last day of summer together.

Thing that Made me Laugh Today: While we were in the water, a helicopter kept circling around the beach area, obviously looking for someone. I said to the girls that it felt like the chopper was gonna turn and start firing missiles and bullets at us (and I mentioned maybe we've been watching too many superhero movies this summer). Then I squatted in the water, and as the helicopter came around and faced us, I slowly rose from the water and threw up my arms as if I was deflecting said bullets and missiles away from us (like a superhero). Then I felt a twinge in my back, and I froze up, and we all started laughing.

Thing that Made me Think Today: I thought a little about trying to realize that I can't control most situations in life. I had a conversation with someone who experienced this harsh reality this week, and listened to how he handled it. It made me think about similar situations I may encounter, and how should I handle it. I think as I've gotten older I've gotten better at realizing this truth, that we have little control, and accepting things while not giving up on something that's important. I need to keep working on it, but I am trying to enjoy the gift of every day, not worry about what's next, and do things I enjoy, mostly which is spending time with my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment