Saturday, August 9, 2014

Friday August 8th

My Favorite Moment of the Day: Today was the first day of school at Bishop Verot High School. Olivia and Anna began their sophomore years and seemed very excited about it. Last year, Olivia and I would always fist bump as she got out of the car, our compromise way of giving a hug to each other, without embarrassing her in front of her friends. I had forgotten about that over the summer. As they were getting out of the car, Olivia reached back and put her fist out for a bump. That made me feel good.

Thing that Made me Laugh Today: When the girls got back in the car at the end of school, they were talking and laughing about how the day went, about their classes, the kids in their classes, etc. It was fun hearing Olivia be so excited to be back at school, and to hear Anna's positive reaction to the day.

Thing that Made me Think Today: Anna's family was over today, and it was their last day seeing her until December 22nd. Yes, maybe they can skype, and they can talk on the phone, but they won't SEE her, or hug her, for almost 5 months. I wasn't there when they said goodbye, but Kristin and Olivia said neither of them cried, and they said Anna seemed completely unfazed. I know I mentioned it earlier this week, but I just can't grasp that. I guess I can kind of understand the child not crying, they are getting to go live the adventure. Maybe Mom was just doing a great job of holding the tears back. I just can't imagine letting my baby go out into the world just yet, and not feeling scared...for me, not really for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment