Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer Has Started



I've been looking forward to the summer for about a month. It was an emotional year in school, everyone was involved in lots of stuff, and I was looking for getting a little break from all the activities.



It's kind of fun to let the kids stay up a little later, we watched the first halves of the Finals together this year, before they crashed each night. The CEO watched a movie with them all last night, well past bedtime, which was nice for all of them.



Amazingly, they still get up at 7am each day, and are ready to roll, but that's fine too. I just like having them around.



The Tornado is in golf camp this week, his first summer camp, and he's having a ton of fun. They are "hitting bombs" with their 7 irons, riding around the whole course in the golf cart, and learning about golf. Today he told me that he learned some things that "I wouldn't understand". I told him I'm pretty knowledgeable about golf, try me, so he quizzed me about bunkers and divots and the like. I also asked him if the teachers help him much, and he said no, they only help the kids who don't know what they are doing! Love the confidence.



We've had a nice start to the summer, and I'm looking forward to enjoying it with the gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment