Thursday, April 8, 2010

She's No Sherlock Holmes


The Big O was going to Target with her mother the other day and was looking for her wallet. She had a decent amount of money in there thanks to Christmas presents and had her eye on some things at the store. They were preparing to leave and O couldn't find the wallet. The CEO gave her a lecture about being responsible, yada yada yada.


They left for the store without the wallet, and O wasn't able to spend her money. She was very upset, partly with herself I'm sure, but partly because she wasn't able to get anything.
The next morning she was still looking for the wallet, and the CEO had helped her some as well. I asked where they had looked, the CEO said everywhere inside and in her car. Now, we all know how lazy men are when looking for something. But hey, I figured I'd try to help. I walk out t the car first, open the door on the passenger side, bend over and open the glovebox. HELLO WALLET!!
I walk back in the house, find O, and hand it to her. I get a thanks Daddy, and a hug from her. The CEO comes downstairs, sees that I found it, and asked where it was. I told her in the glovebox. Instead of a "hey thanks", or a "that's weird, I looked in there", I got a "why did you put it in there when we went to the game the other day, no wonder I couldn't find it"!!!
Oh to be a Dad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment