Saturday, September 19, 2009

BACK TO WORK


Friday, for the 1st time in over 8 years, I went to work. Well, I went to work and got paid for it. I was the PE substitute at the kids school, and it was wonderful. I got to work at a little after 7, and didn't have my first class until 8:55. I got to teach the k3, k4, K, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th grades. One of the reasons I am excited about the possibility of becoming the PE teacher is that I'll get to interact with kids of all ages. I got to see many of the kids I've coached over the years, and I got to meet a lot of kids I haven't seen before. The younger kids loved talking to someone new, telling me how everything is supposed to be done. Of course the older kids were quick to tell me what they would like to do, even if that conflicted with what I was told they could do. When the day concluded at 3, I was happy to have been able to go in. I talked to the principal for a while about how much I enjoyed it, and she mentioned she would like to get me in for math and science. I told her that would be great, so I think I am moving forward towards being ready and able to take a position when one opens up.


But as fun as it was, I "was missing" the Tornado all day. I thought about him often. This isn't the first day I've spent without him at home, but it is the first one I've spent without him while I was at work. I know it isn't going to last forever, in fact it's going to end in just 8 months before he has to go to school. I've missed being able to run with him as the jog stroller is just too small for him. So as the day was almost over, I thought about him doing his "homework" earlier in the week, and how he's just about ready for school. It's almost time to let him go on with the next step, and for me too. We are both about ready I think, but that doesn't make it any easier. The good news is I'll still see him everyday at school if I can get in there, the girls too. So hopefully it'll be the best of both worlds!


No comments:

Post a Comment