Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Settling Back In


We've been back for a week and a half now, and O arrived last night. So the summer vacations are all over, and it's back to the regular schedule.


We had a nice week getting back into the routine at home, as the Bear and Tornado spent some time playing on the computer and playing outside. The CEO was giving Tornado some grief about how to do something two nights ago. He throws his hand up, as if he's telling her to stop and says "I get it Mom, I get it". Pretty good stuff.


They both had their basketball practices, and he is really enjoying those. He started crying the day after his practice because he thought his "game was this day", which it wasn't. Bear keeps getting better, she's so quick when she wants to be. It'll be fun watching her improve as she gets older.


We went up to a couple Rays games on Sunday and Monday. James Shields lost a no hitter in the 8th on Sunday. I've never seen a no-no before, and that was the longest I've ever see one go in person. In the bottom of the 7th, I look over at the CEO and say "are you aware of what is going on here?" She glances over at me, gives an eye roll and says no. I look towards the scoreboard, she looks at it and says OOOOOHHHH. Unfortunately, he gave up a hit to the leadoff guy and the magic was over. They went on to lose the game 4-1, ugh.


Bear, Tornado and I went back up to see Kazmir vs Greinke on Monday. The Rays went bananas and pounded the Royals for a nice win. After the game we were talking to Mrs. Martha, another season ticket holder who has fallen for Tornado. Her husband asked the Bear when O was coming home and Bear told him Tuesday. Then he asked if she was excited, and she said "Yes" emphatically. He said "Really?" She smiled and said yes again. She loves her sister, and boy did she miss her.


So now O is back, we were back out on the driveway working on the hoops games Tuesday. We went to get O's school shoes, and hopped over to Sports Authority for some athletic shoes for the Bear. She informed me as she was whining "I don't like shoe shopping", and I replied "Guess how much I love it!!". After a while of back and forth on a pair of shoes that most definitely fit, she informs me that "they fit great but they aren't comfortable." Oh boy. Well, we got them anyway, and headed out of the store. I'm sure there will be some good times ahead with these shoes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment