Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First Day of School


Monday was the first day of school for O and Bear.

O is entering 5th grade and Bear the 3rd grade. Bear has the same teacher O had last year, and O has her religion teacher from 3rd grade. The introductory meeting with the teacher for O was pretty interesting as she seems very stern. O came home on Monday and said "I think I'm gonna like her a lot, she's very organized." That's my O!

The Bear also liked her teacher. Bear is much different than O, she needs to be treated with kid gloves. O likes the more firm disciplinarian, while the Bear likes the softer, gentler leader. So Bear says,"I like her, she says things like schtuff". Bear is too funny, she likes that she can laugh with the teacher.

So the first couple days have gone well. Bear moved up to neon orange in AR, she's cruising right along. O, I don't know if she even has a color anymore. She's such a wonderful reader, and enjoys it so much she just cruises through her assignments. Hopefully they will both continue to do well, I'm sure they will.

Tornado, quite a shock how he's responded to not having his sisters around. I figured he would miss them terribly, but he really hasn't. Seems as though he's more than happy to have his Daddy time back. We've been building marble towers, reading, playing on the computer and playing in the yard. I just want to make sure I enjoy as much of this last year with him as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment