Monday, April 9, 2012

Time is Flying

My mother emailed the other day and asked why I hadn't written since the beginning of the school year.

The short answer - I don't know why. I kept a list of things I wanted to write about, but never put them down here on the blog.

The longer answer probably lies somewhere in the answer I gave my mother - that every time I write about things happening, it kind of bums me out. It gets me a little down to think about how quickly the kids are growing, how soon they will be on their own. And really, are they going to be interested in reading this stuff? Maybe they will, maybe they won't - so that kind of bums me out as well.

Having said that, I'm going to effort, again, to document more of their and our history as it happens. I'll begin with this entry.

The Big O turned 13 last week, a real live teenager living in my house. She's a wonderful young lady, and I wrote her a little letter telling all the things that make her wonderful. She's recently been inducted to the National Junior Honor Society, Florida Young Scholars, took the ACT, won the Florida Free Throw state championship, and on a daily basis does things to serve and help others. She has typical 13 year old troubles, such as issues with friends, or forgetfulness at home, but she almost always handles those issues with toughness and grace. She is an optimist that believes she can do anything, and I believe she's right!

No comments:

Post a Comment