Sunday, September 26, 2010

He's Still The Tornado


6 weeks down, 17 years and 8 months of school for The Tornado to go. These first 6 weeks have been a bumpy ride, with multiple letters home from the teacher, tears and lies. We've talked to the teacher, and apparently he thinks he can punch his way to what he wants. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't yet understand that the teacher tells us when something isn't right.


We've talked with him about using his hands in a helping way, not a hurting way. We've talked to him about trying to enjoy being at school. Sometimes it can be so exhausting. The teacher also taught the girls, and says how different they were from him. She actually said to me,"He's either a real joy to be around, or.......he's not." Well yeah, of course he's different! And boy does that sound familiar. I actually described the Bear that way to someone back when she was his age, and that person looked at me and said, "So she's just like her father?" Is it a coincidence that the two kids I spent most of my time with are that way? Is it a coincidence that the one who spent some time with me, some with Grandma and Grandpa, and a little at day care is the more easy going one? I honestly don't know.


I'm sure he will find his groove, and settle in as the wonderfully happy guy we all know he is. It just might feel a little like storm chasing until we get there.



No comments:

Post a Comment