Sunday, May 29, 2011

Remembering



So I'm sitting at the counter making lunch with the Tornado yesterday. He asks if we can watch Peep, which is what we would watch when he was still at home during lunch.


I looked for it on TV, and was surprised to see that Peep is no longer on TV. I let the Tornado know that the show isn't on anymore. He was pretty bummed, as was I.


Then he said, hey Dad, remember when we used to go out on the back porch and have a picnic lunch sometimes? Of course I remembered that I said, I always had fun doing that. He said, let's do that tomorrow or the next day, OK? Sure, I said, and we plan on doing that on Memorial Day.


It made me feel so good that he remembered doing those fun things, just a couple of the things I had listed just a couple weeks ago. Sometimes you wonder if the kids remember the things you do together. Do they have good memories of those things, like I do? It sure is comforting to know that the answer is yes, they remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment