Friday, July 3, 2009

Let's get this party started!!!


Why not write a blog? Are you keeping a journal? Can we go to McDonalds? These questions are just a sample of the many I've been asked over and over in my 8 years as a stay-at-home Dad.

So why am I starting today? First, I've been transferring old videos to DVD over the past few weeks and am getting all nostalgic. Christmas programs, climbing the stairs for the first time, the first soccer game. Lots of laughs and a few tears have pushed me to try to keep better notes of what is happening in the lives of our gang. Secondly, this may be my last year as a SAHD, as my youngest will be entering school in the fall of 2010. More on that later...but I wanted to have something better than the journal work I've done over the past decade, which has been spotty at best. Hopefully knowing that others may be seeing this will spur me to action. Finally, if this is my last year at home full time, I wanted to have a record of it for all to enjoy.

I intend for this blog not to focus on me, rather I'll be the fly on the wall reporting on the ups and downs, the trials and tribulations, the successes and attempts that didn't work out the way we hoped. I hope my family enjoys reading this, as well as any others that may stumble on it. Hopefully it will be a little entertaining along the way too.

OFF WE GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment